Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pretty headband+rainy day=perfect combination

It's been raining here in NYC for the past two days, making for some pretty dreadful hair days. This wet weather has me racking my brain trying to think of cute ways to tame my mane, and I can't think of a more perfect solution than a pretty headband. I love the latest headband styles -- not just for their extreme level of cuteness, but also for their comfort! Unlike their hard plastic predecessors, a lot of the latest headband styles are made of fabric and elastic. These things are so comfortable -- once you put one on, I promise you'll forget you're wearing it! I purchased one last winter at Banana Republic, and let me tell you, I lived in that thing.
Here I am with my doggie nephew, Oliver. Isn't he the cutest?
A simple headband can really jazz up a ponytail or low bun on a rainy day while keeping the flyways in check. Who really wants to deal with a fussy hairstyle that's just going to get messed up as soon as you go outside, anyway? Not me! On a rainy day, I'm all about comfort and ease. 

Here are some great headband options: 
1. Banana Republic Crochet Headband - $25
2. Juicy Couture Pavé Heart Stretch Headband - $30
3. Forever 21 Beaded Braid Headband - $3.80
4. ZARA Turban Headband with Side Flower - $15.90

I am obsessed with the ZARA headband. What about you -- which is your favorite? Do you wear headbands? And how do you style your hair on a rainy day?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE headbands too! They can really complete a look while taming the hair hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a new one because mine is kind of outstretched. I plan to wear it today though since its raining and crappy out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...