Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Check out my new beauty loot!

You know you're a true beauty junkie when you feel the need to document every trip to Sephora. Well, I am and I will! I went after work today to pick up a few things I needed and found something new to try! 

I picked up this silvery gray cream eyeshadow on a whim, and I really hope I like it. I've never tried Make Up For Ever aqua cream before, but I have been wanting a new eyeshadow and I'm hoping this one works out. The color reminds me of a similar cream eyeshadow I used to wear all the time from May Kay that has since been discontinued. I'll be sure to post photos once I've tried it out. I plan to wear this as my new fall look with black eyeliner and loads of black mascara.
Speaking of mascara, I got a free sample of bareMinerals Flawless Definition mascara as part of Sephora's Beauty Insider rewards program. I'm super excited to try this product, especially because I've never tried anything from bareMinerals before. I'm pretty loyal to my DiorShow Iconic mascara, but I am willing to give something new a try in the name of beauty experimentation! 

Finally, I'm so excited to tell you all about this awesome brand I discovered called Illamasqua. The brand makes all types of makeup products but what really caught my eye was their awesome line of nail polishes. You can't see the colors very well in the photo but they were really unique and eye-catching. I didn't get any of them but I plan to go back and pick up a few some time. Here's a little more about Illamasqua:

"Known for their intense colors and dramatic makeup, Illamasqua is your go-to brand for nighttime makeup—whether it's an evening out at the opera or the dance club. Conceived amidst the dark drama of Berlin in the 20s, Illamasqua was developed by professional makeup artists and launched in 2008 in the U.K. Embraced by celebs and alternative cultures alike, their colors allow you to express your most daring, boldest, and most intense sides with professional nighttime makeup that's richly pigmented and long lasting."


Have you heard of Illamasqua or tried any of their products? Have you purchased any new products lately?

4 comments:

  1. Oohh I love Illamasqua nail polishes!

    check out my blog, and if you like it please subscribe :)

    http://beautyaddictanonymous.blogspot.com/

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i've seen the MUFE Aqua Cream collection at Sephora and i want them all!!

    new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following!! In my trial so far, the MUFE Aqua Cream works really well and you don't need primer underneath. I want a deeper more smoky gray to wear in the crease while I wear this on my lid. Plus, I'm also eyeing another eyeshadow palette from Chanel in maroons/pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ R, What are your favorite Illamasqua colors?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...