Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I've fallen in love... with an eyeshadow palette

Earlier this month I mentioned I was planning to take advantage of Sephora's 2010 Friends & Family sale to purchase a Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow palette but I was tossed up between a few different ones. I typically don't like to buy things online without trying them first, so today I headed over to Sephora to test out the Dior shadows.

Incidentally, there's a Sephora just blocks away from where I work -- talk about a blessing and a curse!

Anyway, as soon as I walked up to the Dior display, I zeroed in on the "Ready-to-Glow" palette.

The colors in this palette are simply gorgeous and I've completely fallen in love. I swatched them on my hand but unfortunately forgot to take a photo.

The shadows felt extremely silky and seemed highly pigmented and true to color. They are iridescent and shimmery but not glittery. When I get them I'll be sure to do a thorough post with swatches. I did snap a photo of the tester palette:

At $58, this palette is certainly pricey, even with the 20 percent off. However, I will be able to use these colors to create several different looks, so that justifies the price tag, right?

Meanwhile, I've also picked out a face and eye travel brush set as well as an anti-bacterial brush cleaning product that I plan to purchase. Oh, and I also need a new tube of Diorshow Iconic mascara. 


Have you taken advantage of the Friends & Family sale? It's only going on for a few more days! Click here to view my earlier post with all the information about the sale.

2 comments:

  1. I have it!
    I am in love with it!
    Go buy it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That palette does look lovely. I used to use so much Dior, but since they stopped doing their GWP I stopped buying from them...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...