Monday, November 15, 2010

My No. 1 most essential makeup product

You know how people ask -- if you were stranded on a deserted island but could take one thing, what would you bring? Well, in terms of makeup, what would your answer be? 

For me, the most important piece of makeup in my collection is, without a doubt, concealer.

See, I do not have perfect skin, by any means. About once a month I tend to break out. I'm actually just now recovering from a breakout on my chin. It's really annoying but it's just something I have to deal with.

Needless to say, I have tried tons of concealers over the years. Here are two of my absolute favorites:
Lancome Maquicomplet - $28.50

Have I mentioned that I used to work for Lancome? Throughout high school and during college breaks I worked as a Lancome saleslady. It was during this time that I developed my addiction to high-end beauty products. If you've never tried Lancome, I recommend their Bi-Facil eye makeup remover, Juicy Tubes lip gloss, Definicils mascara and this concealer. Maquicomplet is a full coverage concealer and it's just great. It's a creamy liquid texture and covers blemishes and under eye circles very well, while still looking natural. According to Lancome, this concealer contains botanicals, antioxidants, and "light diverting agents."

I used it for years but have since begun using a new concealer...
Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Concealer - $28

I started using this product about six months ago, shortly after I first tried the Make Up For Ever HD foundation, and I really love both the foundation and concealer. This concealer is actually quite similar to Maquicomplet, now that I think about it. Except, it has a very unique silicone applicator, which allows you to literally put the smallest dot of concealer on a certain spot, or blend the product on a larger area. Like the Maquicomplet, this concealer provides very good coverage for both blemishes and under eye circles.

If you're looking for a new concealer I highly recommend both of these. Which concealer do you use?

4 comments:

  1. AGREED! Most important by far is Concealer! haha I haven't tried either of these but definitely will be looking into them! Thanks for the great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally take concealer too! either that or mascara.. nahh concealer haha.
    I've been wanting to try out the Make Up Forever HD lot but i've heard mixed reviews about some of the products, guess i'll just have to see for myself :)

    http://www.emmalouisehoworth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think I should try one of these cause I'm not happy with my own.
    Thanks for sharing.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...