Saturday, December 18, 2010

First Impressions of Lush "Ocean Salt" face and body scrub

"We believe in long candlelit baths, sharing showers, massage, filling the world with perfume and in the right to make mistakes, lose everything and start again." - Lush 

If you've never heard of Lush it's a Canadian cosmetic company that sells products made by hand from fresh, organic fruits and vegetables, essential oils and safe synthetics. The company uses only vegetarian ingredients and does not test on animals. 

I've heard about this brand from other beauty bloggers, and frequently passed the Lush store on East 14th Street in Manhattan but never went in until today. The company sells a variety of bath, shower, skincare, perfume and hair products but I picked up the 4.2 oz. "Ocean Salt" face and body scrub - $19.95. 

In general, facial scrubs help slough off dull, dead skin cells, making the face feel smoother and look brighter. However, when using this or any facial scrub, do so in moderation. It is important not to over-exfoliate, which could irritate your skin and cause rashes.
Made of lime, sea salt and vodka, this scrub is like a vacation in a jar. The smell transports me to a tropical beach where I'm sitting under a cabana with a margarita in hand!
The gritty sea salt is used to buff away dead skin cells while the antibacterial properties in the lime and vodka are supposed to help clear blocked pores, blackheads and blemishes. The scrub also contains avocado and coconut to moisturize the skin.
Doesn't it just look yummy? This is actually one of my favorite colors ever. But besides being pretty and smelling good, this scrub made my skin feel so soft! 

One negative aspect I encountered is that when scrubbing my face with this product it started to burn slightly where I have a dry patch. Fortunately, the burning stopped immediately after I rinsed the product off my face. When I dried off my face my skin felt incredibly smooth and clean. I was actually very pleasantly surprised. 

After using this scrub just once I really like it. I am not worried about the burning as it did not persist after rinsing off the product. I plan to use this scrub once a week and will report back if I have any other observations after I have thoroughly tested it. 

Do you use facial scrubs? If so, which ones do you like? Have you tried Lush before? Click here to shop their site. 

2 comments:

  1. I have tried the Lush ocean salt scrub before and I really liked it. I loved using it on my face and body. It did a great job of exfoliating and making my skin feel super soft. But I do have to say that I would not recommend using this scrub daily as it can be a bit too much for everyday use (on the face). The smell sure was yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Ocean Salt! It is one of my favorite products from Lush, and is my go to facial scrub. The burning is normal, especially since it was on a dry spot, because of the salt. =)

    Andrée xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...