Monday, February 7, 2011

Wet n Wild Color Icon "Greed" eyeshadow palette swatches and look

Does everyone remember the brand Wet n Wild? It has occupied drugstore shelves for as long as I can remember and is insanely affordable - like, $1 for a lipstick. It's probably one of the first makeup brands I ever tried, but before this weekend I hadn't used it in ages. 

Lately, though, Wet n Wild eyeshadows have been the talk of the beauty blogosphere so I just had to find out what all the fuss was about. I headed over to the drugstore and discovered that the brand I used as a kid has totally matured! They now have tons of really pretty eyeshadow palettes to choose from in a range of colors.
I picked up this lovely 6-pan eyeshadow palette called "Greed" from the Color Icon collection for just $5. The colors are all pretty neutral, with three matte eyeshadows on the left and three sparkly ones on the right. Check out the swatches below.
As you can see from the swatches, the lightest color matches my skin tone almost identically. The matte shadows have a much greater color payoff than the sparkly shadows. 

Now check out a look I did using these shadows: 
To create this look, I applied the lightest shade along my browbone and the matte peach shade all over my lid. I then blended a small amount of the matte black shade into my crease and topped with the bluish/gray sparkly shade. I lined my upper eyelid with a black eyeliner pencil then blended the matte peach shade over the line to soften it. 

Overall, I think this palette is very versatile and can be used to create many different looks that would be suitable for both day and night. The shadows were a tad hard to blend, but with a little bit of work they eventually went on smoothly. I will definitely be using these shadows again and may even pick up some more Wet n Wild products. I actually had my eye on a few of the other Color Icon palettes as well. Plus, at just $5 for 6 shadows, the price really can't be beat.

What do you think of this palette? Have you ever tried any Wet n Wild products?

3 comments:

  1. Lady, you're gorgeous. I'm a pretty new follower so I have never seen a picture of you before, and I was seriously stunned cause yes, you are a stunner!
    I still have no idea if this is available in Canada. Hm.
    Have a great one! x http://xnta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @xNTA aw, thank you so much. That's so sweet of you to say. Thanks for following too! I'll check out your blog. I'm not sure if WnW if available in Canada either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty look and OMG your hair looks gorgeous!!! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...