Saturday, May 21, 2011

My new favorite skin care product

Oh my gosh, you guys! I have discovered an amazing product that I'm so excited to tell you about. As part of the gift bag given out at the Beautylish spring trend preview event, I received a box of "sheet" masks from a new Canadian skin care company called myfaceworks.

myfaceworks offers 13 different types of face masks formulated to address skin issues ranging from wrinkles to acne. I was given The Starter Kit, which costs $45 for six different sheet masks including:
  • "i need to wake up" with vitamin-c for moisturizing and brightening 
  • "i need to detox" with green tea, an antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties
  • "i need to replenish" for hydration and wrinkle reduction
  • "i need damage control" with Coenzyme Q10, for improving the skin's moisture absorption
  • "i need to be firm" with collagen to reduce pore size and puffiness
  • "i need to relax" with lavender for relaxation and increasing overall skin resilience. 
So far I've tried the lavender "i need to relax" and collagen "i need to be firm" masks. All I can say is that I'm totally hooked!

These masks are nothing like traditional clay or gel-based facial masks. The myfaceworks product is a moist, film-like sheet that is applied to the face and left on for 15 to 20 minutes.

In my experience, these masks are cooling, refreshing and stay moist throughout the treatment.

The lavender "i need to relax" mask helped me unwind and made my skin feel soft. I cannot say it made a drastic difference in the look of my skin, though.

The results of the collagen "i need to be firm" mask, however, were instant. After one treatment, the look of my fine lines and pores was noticeably reduced. My skin appeared more radiant. This sounds crazy, but it actually seemed like my fine lines had been filled in. I was pleasantly, pleasantly surprised. I've never seen such a drastic difference after using a product just one time.

Needless to say, I purchased a full box of the "i need to be firm" masks for my mom for mother's day. I plan to buy one for myself after I finish my starter kit.

Also, I should mention that while these masks are wonderful, they make you look very odd when you're wearing them. Case in point: when I walked out into the living room wearing one, my boyfriend was actually startled! We got a good laugh at that.

Anyway, I'm so excited to try out the other masks in my starter kit! Have you tried the myfaceworks masks? Do you love them as much as I do?

4 comments:

  1. WOW! I am into face masks at the moment so I should try this

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound awesome! I have never tried this company before, but I will definitely be looking into it! Thanks for the review! =)

    Andrée xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All are best.Need to have all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like i have bookmarked your internet blog. It seems to be very interesting. You should keep uploading more in future for all of us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...